I was nominated for this award by Dani @ Perspective of a Writer. Thank you! This was very unexpected because we did not have much of a contact and it is amazing to know that people like my blog, even though I don’t post all that regularly, especially lately.
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Name 6 types of characters you love most? (i.e. like the genre but for characters, my examples: witty females, hot beta males, nerdy love interests, pirates, supportive best friends and orphans. If you can group them and love them, name them!)
Witty, smart, strong women, funny teenagers (looking at you, Magnus Chase), nerds obviously, and as you gave the example – supportive best friends. I have great friends and it is awesome if the MC has a great best friend too.
What favorite movie or television show do you wish would be turned into a YA series? Complete with properly aged protagonists, and YA tropes… Anything goes!
Em, what? I think I watch mostly shows/movies made after books so I guess that’s hard to answer because they all have books already? 🙂
Have you experienced a genre that you thought you hated but fell in love with? What book won you over?
I don’t think I’ve experienced that. Considering the only genre I do not like are generally chick-flicks and I tend not to read them anyway, it would be quite hard for this to happen.
If you were captured by fairies and they turned you into any animal but you had to remain that animal for the rest of your life… which would it be (real or fictional animals are good…)?
This is going to sound ridiculous because there are so many options, from unicorns to dragons but the animal I’d love to be would be a home cat. I adore my cat and if I had such a good home as she does (haha), I would love it. Like, sleeping most of the day, being adored, people patting me, cleaning my toilet and stuff like that. All in all, pretty nice life.
If you could teleport to any city in the world which would it be? If you had to make your way home on your own would it still be the same city?
Glasgow! I love it! It is kind of similar to Ljubljana in some ways, but not many. I don’t know why Glasgow and not Edinburgh (which would be more normal because I love history) but I just…I can’t explain. I hope I’ll be able to move there soon!
If a band were to be featured in a fictional story, which would you want it to be and why?
Wow, hmm, can I just vote for one person? Like…Andrea Bocelli? I know it’s a bit weird but his music calms me down when I need it. Plus I am really not up to date with musical thingies 🙂
Favorite book universe and why? (Is it the friends you would have, the world you would live in or the abilities/circumstances you would be in?)
How can you ask that? I have a new favourite book in the universe EVERY WEEK. I mean, if you asked me that a few years ago, I would have said Harry Potter, but that time has kind of passed. It is really hard but right now, my favourite series is Bernard Cornwell’s The Last Kingdom series (I know, it’s a series but I can’t pick JUST ONE BOOK, THAT WOULD BE SO INSULTING :))
If your sibling turned into a dragon and insisted on staying by your side forever would you want it to retain your sibling’s personality? If not what would you want the dragon to be like?
Here’s the thing. I kind of have two half sisters but we don’t really have much contact (and they are younger than me) so I cannot tell that really. I guess I’d like them to stay the same to get to know them better haha.
What book describes you best? (Is it a particular character, the cover or the story?)
This is also quite a difficult question. Maybe you should ask my friends? I am pretty bad at a) describing myself which makes it harder to b) figure out what describes me best. I really don’t know. I know that’s a bad answer, but it just…is too hard.
If you had a magic tin that refilled with any non-perishable food which would you want it to be filled with?
Eem, that’s a tough question. It would really depend on the time when I’m asked to choose. I mean, I COULD say chocolate but I’m really trying to lose some weight so I guess that would be completely counter-productive.
If you wrote a book, what would it be about? (i.e. the premise, type of characters, world?)
Historical fiction! Specifically, happening in Britain, but that’s all I have planned for now.
Okay, now I need to nominate some of you. Of course, you don’t have to do that (again) if you’ve done it already (especially if I have tagged you already!). I would love to get to know more about you though. My questions are not as good as Dani’s but I’m going to try.
- When do you read books? Do you have specific time or place to read?
- Which is your favourite genre? Do you have more favourite genres than just one?
- Which was the last book series you’ve read and did you enjoy it?
- Do you read just physical books? Or are you not picky about the format?
- Have you ever DNF’d the book? What was the reason?
- Do you blog about anything else, or would you like to?
- A very standard question – how do you manage the time of blogging?
- Are you a very organised person or are you more of a when-it-goes type of blogger?
- Do you use different platforms such as Bookstagram, Booktube?
- Do you reread books and if you do, which one did you reread the most?
- Do you know a lot of bookbloggers?
- Eram @ Literary Tea With ER
- Kristi @ Confessions of a YA Reader
- Jenn @ Jenniely
- Marty @ the Cursed Books
- Danielle @ YA Allegiance Blog
- Jenn @ Bound to Writing
- Naty @ Naty’s Bookshelf
- Sarah @ Travelling Across Pages
- Claudia & Diana @ the Bookish Sisters
- Clarissa? @ the Quirky Lady Bookworm
- Megs @ Between the Pages 13